As proof of our commitment to quality, service and respect of the industry codes, please note that we are an active member of a following associations.
Aromatherapy Association of South Africa
Designed to encourage integrity and responsibility in the practice of Therapeutic Aromatherapy and to uphold and further the standing of the profession and the Aromatherapy Association of South Africa and its Constitution. This Code may form the basis of discussion in the event of a complaint against a member.
- Members should not: Diagnose, Prescribe, Claim to cure, Claim to treat a specific ailment.
- Members shall work in a co-operative manner with other health care professionals and recognise and respect their particular contribution within the health care team, irrespective of whether they perform from an allopathic or natural base.
- A member shall recognise the responsibility she/he has towards a client at all times.
- A member shall practice only within the limits of his professional training and competency. No unqualified advice should be given.
- Members shall not seek to attract business unfairly or unprofessionally or in any way which would discredit the reputation of therapeutic aromatherapy.
For more information or details about memberships, contact Aroma SA at email@example.com
Full document : AromaSA Code of Ethics and Practice
Southern African Essential Oil Producers' Association
Was established in 2000 to:
- Promote essential oils and natural plant products’ production, processing, and export
- Represent and promote the interests of members and the industry
- Collect, collate and disseminate salient information
- Be the unified and independent mouthpiece of the industry
- Facilitate the co-ordination of the industry’s activities
- Promote research to expand the national and regional industry
- Facilitate the sustainability of and increase the competitiveness of members, the national and the regional industry
- Empower members via training, workshops, conferences, trade missions, etc.
- Perform such functions as may be desirable for the attainment of these objectives.
SAEOPA’s membership and value-adding services are available to:
- Producers (growers)
- Distributors and exporters
- Academic and research institutions
- Test laboratories
- Other stakeholders within the value chain
- Other interested parties.
SAEOPA co-operates and partners with:
- National and provincial government institutions such as the Departments of Agriculture, Rural Development and Land Reform (DARDLR); Environmental Affairs, Forestry and Fisheries (DEFF); Health (DoH); Science and Technology (DST); and Trade and Industry (the dti), and parastatals such as AgriSETA; the Small Business Development Agency (SEDA) and the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS)
- Institutions of higher learning and research, e.g. universities and the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- International co-operation partners such as the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), the United Nations Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Parties in support of the industry, e.g. the South African Quality Institute (SAQI)
SAEOPA aims to make a tangible and lasting difference to socio-economic matters such as:
- Employment creation
- Exploiting entrepreneurial opportunities
- Assisting and empowering established and potential farmers
- Unlocking the potential of the region’s agricultural potential
- Promoting integrated farming operations
- Attracting youth entrants to the agricultural sector
- Empowering women in agriculture
- Promoting economic development especially in rural areas.
For more information or details about memberships, contact:www.saeopa.co.za
SOUTH AFRICAN ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH AND SKINCARE PROFESSIONALS - SAAHSP
SAAHSP is a Non Profit Organisation serving its members and the Skin, Body, and Nail Care Profession and Industry as the Professional Body in South Africa. SAAHSP is legally constituted to protect the Public Interest in relation to services provided.
MISSION STATEMENT – To foster the advancement of education and professionalism in the health and skincare industry.
VISION – To advance co-operation with all participants in the Health, Beauty, Skincare and Nail Industry to ensure the maintenance of the Highest Standard of Ethical Conduct.
- To maintain a dynamic organisation that aims to foster professionalism and unity in the industry;
- To enhance educational and practising standards at all levels in the industry in accordance with national and international trends, needs and developments;
- To co-operate and liaise with all participants in the beauty, health and skin care industry ensuring the maintenance of the highest standards of ethical conduct;
- Formulate scopes of practise at all levels and lobby to protect the future growth and development of the beauty, health and skincare industry;
- Develop the appropriate structures or committees to fulfil the role of the Professional Body.
To read more about this membership visit their website www.saahsp.com